What do we do?
McLaughlin Asset Management, Inc. (MAM) is an independent Registered Investment Advisor Firm (RIA). We provide wealth advisory services, and specialize in portfolio management for retirees, individuals, charitable organizations and family trusts, including:
- Financial Planning: establishing objectives, tailoring assets to objectives, coordinating asset allocation to time frame, tracking net worth
- A total wealth approach: coordinating investments with assets, objectives, income tax plans, and estate plans to account for after-tax performance and improved inter-generational outcomes
- Spending power: helping retirees maximize spending power to meet spending needs throughout retirement
Each clients’ specific goals and objectives are detailed within a written Investment Policy Statement, and all investment portfolios are tailored to meet specific goals. In addition, we have relationships with a network of organizations that provide expertise in a variety of areas, such as accounting, estate planning, charitable giving and insurance.
What makes us different?
We’re A Fiduciary and Fee-Only Advisor Firm.
Registered Investment Advisors have a fiduciary duty to each client. MAM is not a broker, and we are legally bound to buy and sell securities for the benefit of the client, not to generate commissions. Due to our independence, we have no obligation or incentive to recommend one security or family of funds over another. Our goal – when you succeed, we succeed. Click here to visit the Independent Advisor Learning Center to learn more about the benefits of working with an independent financial advisor.
Quality long-term relationships – not quantity. Many firms manage well over 400 accounts. We prefer to maintain a manageable client base to ensure our fiduciary duty is fulfilled, and to properly customize each clients’ portfolio. No one client is the same; therefore, we do not employ a “cookie-cutter” approach that many firms have had to embrace. We prefer to grow with our clients.
Our Investment Management Approach
McLaughlin Asset Management employs a top-down, and bottom-up approach in order to limit risk and maximize growth within a portfolio. Our firm utilizes thematic, qualitative and quantitative institutional research from various sources in order to seek ideas best suited for our clients.
We feel it is critical for a fiduciary to employ a cost effective investment approach to help clients achieve financial success.
- A commission based approach can be very expensive and inefficient, along with the potential for conflicts of interest. Commissioned financial professionals are often incentivized to sell products providing higher returns for themselves.
- If you are paying a management fee AND the majority of your investments are in mutual funds, you may be paying well over 2% in fees and expenses. In addition, mutual funds often have high turnover, leading to a potential income tax burden year after year.
Our clients enjoy the benefits of a fee-based separately managed approach, utilizing cost-effective investment vehicles with low portfolio turnover.
Why might we be the right choice?
MAM has over 50 years of combined investment management and financial services experience, with concentration in portfolio management and trust administration. MAM has developed a disciplined and consistent investment approach, which has been tested over numerous market cycles.
We Understand Our Clients
Our objective is to understand each client’s investment goals, and work to design investment strategies in order to achieve their desired financial outcome. Each portfolio is unique because it is customized to meet the goals of the individual, family, or organization it benefits.